Stock Market Holidays 2023: The stock market in India will be closed on November 14, 2023, for Diwali Balipratipada. This is a major Hindu festival celebrated in India and is a holiday. The Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) and the National Stock Exchange (NSE) will both be closed on this day.
According to the list available on the exchanges regarding stock market holidays in 2023, the market will remain closed on November 14.
Here are details about the Diwali-Balipratipada stock market holiday:
- Date: Tuesday, November 14, 2023
- Reason: Diwali Balipratipada, a major Hindu festival celebrated in India
- Markets affected: Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) and National Stock Exchange (NSE)
- Affected segments: Equity, currency derivatives, commodity derivatives, and Electronic Gold Receipts (EGR) Segment
- Impact: Investors will not be able to trade stocks, bonds, currency derivatives, or commodities on this day.
The stock market will also be closed for Gurunanak Jayanti on Monday, November 27, 2023. This means that the stock market will be closed for six days in the month of November 2023.